Monday, April 23, 2012

Amigos!

Good afternoon blog readers!

We are now 1 week away from May and 2 weeks away from the start of the Inca Trail! Hannah, Mary and myself will be taking off for Cusco on Saturday, May 5th and the trek to Machu Picchu will commence that Monday - bound to be an unforgettable adventure in the Andes!

I wanted to take a moment to pay tribute to some of the AMAZING people I have met this year - as the goodbyes have officially begun. While my ability to make/maintain Peruvian friends has been a bit lacking - I have had the pleasure of getting to know a great group of ex pats from all around the world.

First and foremost, my fellow YAV's - Kaley, Hannah, Mary, Shane and Sarah! An amazing group of committed and hard working young adults. We have been through the highs and lows of this year together and I could not have asked for a better support group.

Peru YAV's 2011-2012 :)
Jessica Penner works with Joining Hands via Partners for Just Trade (PJT to all you Presby fair trade nerds) - she has been a wonderful addition not only to the Red but to our growing group of friends too! Recently we said goodbye to two of my favorite Canadians - Justina Lee and Sheila Ball, here through the University of Waterloo's Int'l Development program. We also have our in house Aussie - Sally!

Rooftop potluck!

The leading ladies...

Our recent sand boarding trip was awesome!
Needless to say it has been a great year with them in my life and I look forward to international reunions (i.e. Canada most likely) that are to come!

Much love from Lima,
Elena

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the sand boarding picture! What a great group.

    ReplyDelete